Eligible Disabilities For SSDI in Alabama and Florida
Knowledgeable help determining whether you qualify for benefits
At Byron A. Lassiter & Associates, P.C., we understand how stressful it is to live with a disability that often is not only painful, but also prevents you from making a living. Our Mobile and Baldwin County disability lawyer and support staff are committed to making living with a disability easier on you by offering determined, sympathetic representation in appeals when your benefits are denied despite your disability.
Types of disabilities that may qualify for Social Security benefits
In order for our Pensacola and Mobile disability lawyer to help you obtain Social Security disability benefits, you must suffer from a total disability as defined by the Social Security Administration (SSA). The SSA only provides benefits to workers filing for disability insurance who worked long enough in jobs under Social Security, who have a disability that has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or result in death and whose disability leaves them unable to earn an income. Almost any type of disability that meets these requirements may qualify you for benefits:
- Loss of musculoskeletal function or loss of motion
- Certain loss of vision, hearing, speech or other special senses
- Chronic, persistent respiratory infections and diseases, including cystic fibrosis
- Cardiovascular impairments
- Certain digestive system disorders
- Reproductive organ and urinary system diseases, including chronic renal disease
- Certain blood disorders
- Certain skin disorders
- Certain disorders resulting from hormonal imbalances
- Impairments affecting multiple body systems such as Down Syndrome
- Certain neurological problems, including epilepsy, brain tumors, multiple sclerosis and traumatic brain injuries
- Certain mental disorders, including psychotic disorders, mental retardation, anxiety disorders, personality disorders and autism
- Certain cancers
- Immune system disorders, including autoimmune disorders, immune deficiencies and HIV
Experienced attorney in Mobile and Pensacola evaluating your disability claim
Although these disabilities are listed for evaluation by the SSA, there is no exact list of qualifying disabilities and no clear answer as to who is eligible for Social Security disability benefits. If you are disabled, it is important to seek the help of a disability lawyer in Mobile or Pensacola who can look at your medical evidence in person and evaluate your claim.
At Byron A. Lassiter & Associates, P.C., we assist an average of 300 clients each year, evaluating disabilities and work histories to help determine whether you qualify for benefits and should pursue them through strong appeals. Although we cannot guarantee results in every case, our experience and legal expertise have enabled us to help an average of 90 percent of clients obtain disability benefits each year.
Helping the disabled in Alabama and Florida
If you are disabled, our Social Security disability attorney and staff at Byron A. Lassiter & Associates, P.C. can help you determine whether you are eligible for disability benefits. If you are and your benefits are denied, we pursue your benefits through appeal. To learn more about services and experience, contact us online or by phone toll free at 800.544.3568.